DFW Communications Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+3
Madeleine.Sides
AbigailM
sigdor3
7 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by sigdor3 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:32 am

Hi everyone! This class will rely heavily on class discussion, so it's important that we all get to know each other (as few of us as there are). Please introduce yourself by answering the following questions:

What's your name?

Do you have any hobbies?

What's your favorite book, and why?

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

As for me - my name is Adam Petersen. I graduated from Hillsdale College with a major in History, and spent a year in Korea as an English teacher. This past year I taught two AP classes (English Language and Composition and World History); taught history and english at an international high school north of NYC; and did lots of tutoring on the side (writing, history, TOEFL). I love reading everything I can get my hands on about American history during the 20th century. I also love literature. It's hard to pick a favorite book, but I guess I will give it a try...thinking...thinking...ok, I'm going to cheat and name two authors: Fyodor Dostoevsky and Cormac McCarthy. But really, it's hard to choose. Basically, this semester we'll just be reading a bunch of my favorite books so you'll get a better idea of why I love what I love and maybe you'll catch it too!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and if you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to help!

sigdor3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Introduction

Post by AbigailM Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 am

Hi! =)

What's your name? Abigail Munsell.

Do you have any hobbies? Yes - reading and writing.

What's your favorite book, and why? Philippians (from the Bible) is my favorite book, because of Paul's use of language combined with his powerful message.

AbigailM

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Madeleine.Sides Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello lovelies!

My name is Madeleine, and I love reading (so original Wink, writing fiction, and learning about current events! I also do competitive debate and am captain of our extemporaneous speaking team. In asking me to pick my favourite book, you have asked me to do the impossible! Right now I am reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.

I look forward to meeting you all!
-Madeleine
Madeleine.Sides
Madeleine.Sides

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Losiak Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:49 am

My name is Konrad Losiak. I mostly enjoy drawing, and doing creative things. I've got a few different favorites, one of them is The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy , which is full of amazing dry humor. Besides that one, I enjoyed The Lord of the Flies, and Brave New World for their deep rooted, thought provoking story. I'd recommend these books to anyone.

Whoopty-do

Can't wait for all the fun in this class!
Konrad Losiak
Konrad Losiak

Back to top Go down

Post by DurinTheDurian Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Halllooo there

What's your name? Well my name is Durin Kim, and it is very different but it's because its Korean.

Do you have any hobbies? As for hobbies, I guess I enjoy spending time with friends, doing sports and so forth and one big passion I have is dancing, hip hop, breaking dancing and just choreography stuff.

What's your favorite book, and why? Ugh my favorite book? I guess I don't have one because I can't remember it.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
~Durin~
DurinTheDurian
DurinTheDurian

Back to top Go down

Post by prembala Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:10 am

Hello,
My name is Prem Bala.
I enjoy spending time with my friends and playing soccer.
My favorite book is one I read over the summer and it is called After The End.

prembala

Back to top Go down

Post by logan mack Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:37 am

Howdy ya'll,

My name is Logan Mack
I love playing airsoft and sand volleyball, hunting, leather tooling, playing violin, making/breaking things, and doing sundry other activities.
naming a favorite book would be difficult; but, in general, I like books about the middle ages, chivalry or modern warfare/tactics.
This class looks like it will be enjoyable and I look forward to getting to know ya'll.
logan mack
logan mack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down