DFW Communications Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

5 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by sigdor3 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 am

Hi everyone! This class will rely heavily on class discussion, so it's important that we all get to know each other (as few of us as there are). Please introduce yourself by answering the following questions:

What's your name?

Do you have any hobbies?

What's your favorite book, and why?

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

As for me - my name is Adam Petersen. I graduated from Hillsdale College with a major in History, and spent a year in Korea as an English teacher. This past year I taught two AP classes (English Language and Composition and World History); taught history and english at an international high school north of NYC; and did lots of tutoring on the side (writing, history, TOEFL). I love reading everything I can get my hands on about American history during the 20th century. But, don't worry, I love a lot of everything else with a special focus on Rome, the Middle Ages and Reformation, and 19th and 20th century European history. With that said, I also love literature. It's hard to pick a favorite book, but I guess I will give it a try...thinking...thinking...ok, I'm going to cheat and name two authors: Fyodor Dostoevsky and Cormac McCarthy. But really, it's hard to choose.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and if you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to help!

sigdor3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Myself description

Post by coltonace00 Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi
I am Colton Regan
Hobbies are tennis, paintball, and doing fun stuff.
My favorite books is the series written by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott's Issac Bell's Adventure. I like this series because each book has its own twist and cool ending/ story.
See ya'll soon
Colton

coltonace00

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Introduction

Post by Malik_Vaughn Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:59 am

Hello,
I am Malik Vaughn
Hobbies include basketball and singing for the most part
My favorite book is The Old Man and the Sea because it is a perfect testament for how one should never give up on his goals, no matter if no one believes in you.
Look foward to partaking in the class.
-Malik

Malik_Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by JessicaMoore Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:22 am

Hello everybody,

My name is Jessica Moore. My hobbies, for right now, include playing the guitar, reading books, watching Olan Roger videos, and playing the piano. I almost feel like choosing a favorite book equates to having a favorite child. Almost any book I read, I would consider it a favorite because it offers something completely different, something new to chew on and ponder. But if I had to choose, any thing C.S. Lewis ranks the highest. Lewis takes deep subjects and makes them comprehensive to the average person . He makes me contemplate things that never occurred to me before reading his works. His book The Screwtape Letters strikes me as the most thought provoking. Anyway, I look forward to this class and meeting the rest of you.

Last edited by JessicaMoore on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

JessicaMoore

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Pranaya Pakala

Post by Pranaya Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 am

Hello

I am Pranaya Pakala, a junior at Providence High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. I abolutely love anything to do with music. I sing, dance, and play the violin. I also play tennis and fence nationally. My favorite books would probably be the Harry Potter series because it is such a large network of ideas and logic that are so sophitaced that captivates the reader. I am really excited to meet all of you! See you soon!

Pranaya

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Introduction

Post by Annabret McKibbin Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:20 am

Hello!
I'm Annabret, and I honestly can't say that I have anything I would call a hobby. I love music, but so does everyone. That's probably what I'm most passionate about, though. I'm also extremely active in the feminist/social justice community, and plan on eventually becoming a civil rights attorney. Other than that, I love twitter, my dog, flowers, and cooking.
My favorite book is probably Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. It's a very cliche 'sad teenage girl' story, but the characters are all unique and interesting. The story itself is dramatic and fast-paced, which keeps me entertained. It shows the reader, in part, what it's like to suffer severe mental health issues, including the negative affect of it's stigmatization. Also, the movie is really good, and has Angelina Jolie, who is a queen.

Annabret McKibbin

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down